Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

equanimoose

New member
Hail Caesars,

I have Ph.D, MA, and BFA degrees in film. I'm also a WGAw member. I've written script coverage/reports for management and production companies. I've also taught filmmaking and screenwriting for several years.

I can evaluate low budget feature screenplays for $35/hr or at a flat rate. The flat rate is $250 for a feature length project of 90 to 120 pages. You'll get a four+ page report and a twenty minute telephone consultation. Turnaround time is two weeks.

The writers that I am most likely to be able to help are those who already have some literary or filmmaking experience. It's much cheaper and more effective for you to buy a book on screenwriting if you don't know anything about the craft.

Contact me at cleverlemming (at) yahoo (dot com) for more information.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

i've written a script and had it critiqued by a professional writer such as yourself recently, who broke it down both in the micro and the macro quite thoroughly and accurately, I might add.

After numerous rewrites, I have been unable to satisfactorily "fix" the main overall identified problem with the script.

So what I'm more interested in finding is a professional writer who has the talent to actually help me do the rewrite. Something more like a colaboration.

If you are interested, we can discuss ways to compensate you for your contributions.

Incidentally, when I am finally satisfied with the script I am going to produce and direct an audio production with an acting troupe who has expressed interest in the storyline and script.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

The main overall identified problem may not be the problem then. As the saying goes, if you have a problem in act three, your problem is really in act one.

Did you think there was a problem before the other writer broke it down?

Even though he critiqued it thoroughly and accurately, did you agree with his assessment of the problem? Or, did you get talked into agreement because, after all, "he is the professional."

If, after numerous rewrites, you can't fix a problem that has been clearly identified, then maybe you need to move on to a new idea.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

All scripts can be improved. My script works at a certain level. If the critique is that "the protagonist doesn't have enough heart", knowing it doesn't make it any easier to suddenly infuse that character with more heart.

Collaboration or an infusion of fresh talent can maybe find a way to give that character more heart then I can. "Casablanca" had four writers, the Epstein Brother, Howard Koch and a fourth guy who decided he didn't need the credit. Each one of those writers made it a little better. Having said that, collaborations don't always work either.

Anyway, I don't think my script needs another rewrite from me. I'
ve taken it as far as I can. I want to pass the baton to someone who can take it to the next level and I'm willing to pay someone who has that ability.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

What genre is the script? I actually enjoy script doctoring so the prospect is definately of interest. But it would, for me, depend on the genre.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

Cruise,

Before you pay somebody, put the script away and write two or three more, then come back to that one. You'll be a better writer and you can bring that fresh perspective yourself.

If you want someone to look it over (no charge of course), I'll read it. I'm not a professional screenwriter, but I have written enough bad screenplays (The first 200,000 words anybody writes are crap. I forgot who said that, but it's true.) to where I'm at the point where my writing is pretty good and I trust it.
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

Arcburn
It's "Manhattan Crack'r" a Romantic Comedy. If you want to read a scene to get the flavor, I'll be happy to send it your way.

Phillip
Thank you for the offer. How do I e-mail you a PDF copy?
 
Re: Professional Screenplay Coverage/Help

Cruise.

I don't think I would be of much service to you with romantic comedy. Sorry.

Good luck with it though. I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

A
 
Back
Top