Procdor stopped working - and now refuses to uninstall/reinstall

Malcolm Wright

Well-known member
Hi all,

This is simply amazing.
Procoder stopped working from one day to the next. It Dr Watson's upon opening every time.
I thought: ok, I'll uninstall it and reinstall it. This simply won't work: when I try to uninstall it, the uninstaller complains about a missing dll function: Install.CheckEdius4orBetter.

All of this started when I launched the 4.1 updater.

I'm now caught in a bind: I can't uninstall procoder, so I can't install a fresh copy. I'm effectively stuck, and I'll be pissed to no end if this means I have to reinstall Windows. Can someone help me out? Bhiga?

Thanks!

M.
 
Ok, sorted myself out.
I needed to download a utility to purge the registry of keys related to Edius. Then the reinstall worked.

*shrug* Pesky computers.

M.
 
This has now happened to me a second time, once again after using an updater (to 4.24).
The updater complains about not being able to access certain files during the update process. After completion, Edius is screwed up, and I get the same problems as above when I try to uninstall.

There is something sloppy going on with the update install pipeline.
Frustration tripled because the updates don't include the basic fixes I'm looking for anyway!
Maybe I should have bought a different app.

M.
 
Malcolm,

I feel your pain, I've had Eduis since Ver 1.0 it's always something or another. It's a great app if they could get a few of the bugs worked out. But it seems to get worse with every version, They fix one bug and you get a few more to replace it.
Good luck.

Rob
 
Now would be a good time to back up any important data. It could just be a random coincidence, but I've had enough experience in the past that when a machine starts acting weird, it only gets worse.

The last machine I had problems with, I just needed to reboot it every now and then. Eventually the system drive completely died. Wish I had backed up some stuff before then. Nothing irreplaceable, but I did lose a utility I had spent about 15 hours on. :(
 
Thanks Bhiga.
I think my machine is ok: it behaves normally in all respects except for this persistent problem with edius updaters.
However if I am the only one to experience this then I must concede that it probably has something to do with a unique or at least uncommon aspect of my software configuration.

Its still a huge pain in the butt though: I don't have trouble uninstalling other apps on this machine.

Cheers,
M.
 
If you haven't already, check with support - they should know which keys need to be cleared from the registry to get a clean uninstall/reinstall again.

Brandon
 
If you haven't already, check with support - they should know which keys need to be cleared from the registry to get a clean uninstall/reinstall again.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.
I have purchased the 3rd party clean uninstaller now so I should be able to use that whenever the need arises. Not a bad tool to have around anyway.

M.
 
Back
Top