Problem Capturing

THiNSPiRiT

Well-known member
Alright, here's my issue... I can't seem to capture using adobe premiere 1.5 no matter what I do... I'm using a Canon Optura to capture a miniDV tape and it continually says that the recording device is not available please reset camera... is there any reason why it would be doing this? I've tried everything to get it to work, the error message isn't specific enough for me to find any documents on the problem either... hoping someone else might know what's up...
 
Re: Problem Capturing

Can you narrow it down by determining if it's specific to Premiere or not? Try capturing in Windows Movie Maker (On XP, Start -> Accessories -> Entertainment) and see if you are successful there.
 
Re: Problem Capturing

Hmmm... nevermind... I found out that the problem was due to a first generation DV deck trying to read a tape that has footage that was shot on a current generation DV camera... that darn first generation DV... :P
 
Back
Top