Previewing HD footage on SD output

I've been trying to find if this is possible, but haven't been sure what to search for.
I've got a 720p timeline in premiere that I want to have preview on an SD tv, is this possible or won't Premiere do that resizing?
 
Depends on hardware and your setup but Premiere does not do any resizing for this.

Generally HD will playout to SD monitor cropped (if it plays out at all). This depends on how you are connecting to the monitor and from what. eg Intensity Pro IO card.

SD and HD are really two very different beasts and are handled are handled differently by software and hardware.
 
Depends on hardware and your setup but Premiere does not do any resizing for this.

Generally HD will playout to SD monitor cropped (if it plays out at all). This depends on how you are connecting to the monitor and from what. eg Intensity Pro IO card.

SD and HD are really two very different beasts and are handled are handled differently by software and hardware.

Alright, thanks! I've got an older Matrox card in my machine, and firewire out to a mini dv/vhs tape deck which feeds to the TV, so that's probably why it isn't outputting. Thanks for the help though!
 
Back
Top