Premiere Pro CS5 cropping footage?

DOF

Active member
I started noticing while editing 24p native footage on a 720p 23.976 timeline that my clips are automatically cropped, I tried changing the magnification but that is not the problem. I'm pretty far in my editing, so it would really suck if I had to start another project over again with correct settings. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
 
Clips are shown at 100%. If you drop a 1080 clip on a 720 timeline, it will be cropped by default.
 
Create a sequence that matches your footage.
Copy footage from old sequence and paste it in new sequence.
Source and Program monitor should be set to 'fit'.
 
That's what I figured It may be, the 720p crop from 1080 footage.

I was thinking of copying the sequence, I actually tried that but wasn't successful, nothing pasted. I'm extremely new to Adobe PP CS5, I have about 3 hours total time on it.
 
Under preferences, general, if you check the box “Default Scale to Frame Size”
before you import your footage it will match your frame size. If you don’t want
Premier to automatically resize your footage be sure to uncheck this box.
 
Back
Top