Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Scharky:

That's kind of astounding that an Adobe support weenie would be that rude to you, especially in the cutthroat marketplace that is the NLE scene today.

The only trouble I had with Premiere Pro was during captures, a lot of which was Operator Error, and also could be due to some issues with my Matrox equipment. I have since worked those out.

However, I have to agree that Adobe should have issued at least one free bugfix before coming out of the gate with a whole new version. Obviously, 24P support is a critical new feature which is demanded by the marketplace, but, as you say, Vegas added true 24P support through a free update.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

I agree Adobe support sucks and some of the updates (24PA support) should have been included in a free update. But I think some of your problems with Premiere Pro sound like a hardware/software conflict. I have a 3.2 ghz Dell workstation, and I've been using it since September with Premiere Pro, and I've only crashed a couple of times(something to do with the Conformed Audio Files). I've never done any tweaking or hacks to my computer. I also make sure I only install multimedia software on my computer. Also, what firewire card are you using? I'm using a generic one, and I've heard that they actually are more error free than Matrox or Canopus boards.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

I never had to do any of the dx hacks on my machine, but i the forums there were tons of people that needed to use the hack in order to dissable dx9 while running Ppro. Ppro was always stable on my machine, except when I tried to use the audio mixer, then I would get the serious error occured thingy. My solution, stop using the audio mixer. However, I paid for it, I should be able to use the audio mixer. It was not my sound card, as I installed a new one, and the same thing happend. Plus I use the rubber bands and it works fine. I also stopped using pro because of the lack of the project trimmer. how am I supposed to back up my work? IT was included in all previous versions, did it say on the box, "New and improved, now without a project trimmer! Premiere Pro". No.
Plus there were small little glitches here and there that just bugged the heck out of me, like the fact that in order to use the traveling matt you had to create a whole new embedded timeline for it to move. I use the traveling matt quite a bit, and that was just time consuming and dumb. It wasn't like that in 6.x. Those things, and the 24p thing made me leave premiere, but I probably will return just because there are things that I do like about premiere. After effects integration is one of them. Again, I'm just really bitter sweat about this whole thing, I like adobe, but I hate how they treat their loyal customers. :( :(
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Yeah Adobe doesn't seem to have good customer support. But they do offer good value with their video collection. I remember when just After Effects Pro was $1500 by itself, now you can get the whole Pro collection for that much. You must also be happy then, that besides the 24PA support, that the project trimmer is back with 1.5
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Has anyone heard about timeline options in the upgrade? I got DVFilmaker a while back to convert some of my 24P Normal footage to make 24P DVDs (in Premier PRO), but Premier's 23.98 timeline seemed to cause workflow complications with the 23.976 from DV Filmmaker. Audio sample rates were a problem & their suggested workflow made my simple brain go 'tilt.'

I should have shot in 24PA, but didn't realize that till later. (didn't know I want to output a native 24P DVD.) Now, I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Premier Pro or change over to Vegas.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

i can't wait for the update!

i just went in a pre-ordered the update for the entire video collection...

i had even bought a copy of vegas+dvd but i just couldn't get into their style of editing. i guess i've been using premiere too long and it just seems to work for me without having to really think about it too much.

i wonder if i start shooting stuff in 24pa how it will blend with stuff i already shot in 24p??

matthew
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Adobe said it will support 24pA (with the 3:2:2:3 pull down)

Im still not to sure what this means.

Is it....

realtime conversion of the 24pA signal from 60i NTSC on tape to a true 24p file on the computer (23.978 is fine). I do not want a 60i file on my computer?

and editing of these 24p files in a timeline and have the timeline preview to a 60i NTSC signal in realtime over 1394 with a 3:2:2:3 inverse pulldown in realtime. Will there be any suport for sending out a 3:2 signal which most people would use?

And as a side note...if I get a seperate box that will convert my firewire realtime output to a composite output, will it dramtically affect my editing speed?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Adam
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

i wonder if i start shooting stuff in 24pa how it will blend with stuff i already shot in 24p??

It'll look identical, assuming that you reapply the 3:2 pulldown to the 24Pa footage. Remember, the DVX's CCDs still capture 23.98 frames per second...the difference between 24Ps and 24Pa is simply the storing method onto tape. Once finalized, they look exactly the same.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

I asked their customer service that question a couple of weeks ago & they said the price will stay the same. I asked 'why preorder?' & they didn't have a good answer.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

thanks sfogden...

curious because with the whole tight budget thing i am wondering if i can put off spending on the NLE a little longer. this is good news, unless of course they are wrong :o
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Well how about this. I see that adobe is keeping up with the jones' so all those remarks I said about vegas and Avid. Screw it. Im now a spokesperson of Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 Holla at that playboy!!!
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

Got my Premiere 1.5 version in today.

IT ROCKS! Runs fast, bulletproof, and it works great with the DVX100.

So far so good....
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

I preordered the Video Collection Pro Upgrade, and they haven't even charged me. That means they probably haven't even shipped it. Bastards! ;D
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

i ordered mine as soon as they had the pre-order thing up and they haven't charged me yet.

i went to check on their store to see if it said anything under my account but the store is offline...

i'm out of town so i don't even know if it might have come back at home but i doubt it.

people who have it please post more details!

matthew
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

I wonder if they are shipping the PremierPro 1.5 before they ship the rest of the collection?
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 supports 24P!

according to their site adobe now lists all of the new versions as shipping.

i logged into their store and it's interesting, i got the free trainning dvd with the video collection upgrade and it says the dvd shipped but that the premiere etc. is on backorder.

i'm out of town but it says that the dvd tracking number is at my house...

so if you ordered it online from adobe login to their store and check your status.

matthew
 
Back
Top