Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

skratchiechan

Well-known member
i was messin around with the C.C on premiere and it was pretty cool. but i was wondering if there are other C.C. Progs out there that are much better.

perhaps color finesse?

wat you guys think about the color corrector in premiere?
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

I've only used adobe premiere pro 1.5 CC, so I won't know anything else... but, I find I can produce really nice CC'd images using 1.5's features..

you can easily achieve specific looks with 1.5
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

the 1.5 cc works great. i can pretty much emulated any magic bullet look with it to a "t". color finesse come with the pro production bundle from adobe, but i never really touch it. if i ever do run into something the 1.5 corrector cant handle, im sure ill give it a try though
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

Could someone please explain how you color correct in Premiere Pro? I know how I do, but I want to compare it to other peoples technique. My knowledge with Premiere is very basic. Please explain to me like I'm a 3 year old. :D

Thanks!
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

One advantage of the Color Finesse CC is the ability to work with secondarys. The PP cc does not have that ability (sadly)

Be careful about confusing CC with "looks' such as Magic Bullet. "Looks" usually involve applying a degree of blurs and fogs (promist) and other "stretches & compressions" to parts or all of the image component eg shadows, mids, highlights. A normal CC (including Col Finesse) does not have that capability and is more confined to Chroma, Gamma, Luma basically. Even Magic Bullets advise CC ( and normalising) before taking the image into MB processing.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

yea that was wat i was talkin about just straight up CC but thanks for the info shooter :D
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

yea, a nice CC guide, specifically for pp1.5, would be great
if anyone here knows of any guides, tutorials or books on the subject that would be great.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

Did anyone get color finesse to work in PPro. I installed it and it is available in AE only. I read in other forums people not able to get it to work in PPro.

It 's just a small hassle to copy and paste clips between PPro and AE. The secondary CC I think will come in handy at some point.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

Why not wait until you have the whole project edited before importing to AE and color correcting? It would save the copy and pasting.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

The AE version wont work in PremPro. Sep vers available for PP.

Problem I found with the AE version is that you can not scrub or play the clip in the Color Finesse application and you are left grading a single frame - unless I missed something bigtime here. Hopefully someone might enlighten me on this.

Grading one frame and hoping it will work for the whole clip seems a bit pointless. The secondary CC is geat tho'.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

Shaw - I was thinking to only use CF for any clips where secondary CC was needed. It would be a bit unweildy to copy and paste all the individual clips.
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

I'm using the Color Finesse Demo version in PPro 1.5.....I like it so far.....the only problem that I see is you can't scrub the clip like someone said.....nice program though
 
Re: Premiere Pro 1.5 Color Corrector

Excellent point Ransom. I was assuming you were going to do all your color correction there. In that case, you are quite right!
 
Back
Top