Premier Version 6.5 - 24p

thabo

Well-known member
I'm using an older version of Premier 6.5 and was wondering how it handles 24p with the Panny.

Cheers
Richard
 
Re: Premier Version 6.5 - 24p

Premiere 6.5 doesn't recognize the footage as 24p, it thinks the footage is all 60i -- it won't remove the pulldown.

Now this is what some people want, particularly people who work in 24p Normal.

But if you want to really edit 24p, you need to get PPro 1.5. (And even then, Adobe is still working out some of the kinks -- you'll need to refer to some of the other posts in this forum for dtails.)
 
Re: Premier Version 6.5 - 24p

Anyone have a guess as to when 2.0 is going to come out? (or another update)
 
Re: Premier Version 6.5 - 24p

Not sure, but I'm hoping (dreaming perhaps) that the 24p issues are going to be magically worked out when this HDV update comes out.

--- should come out before the end of the year
 
Re: Premier Version 6.5 - 24p

I'm certainly hoping they have some update before 2.0 that addresses the various shortcomings of PPRo's 24p implementation.

I've complained often over at Adobe's own Premiere forum, as have lucas and others from this site.

24p was supposed to be a major new feature of PPro 1.5, and it has obvious problems. Since I upgraded to 1.5 because of 24p support, I would hope the fix for these problems would be a free upgrade.

If you haven't already, please visit the Adobe Forum at http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html navigate to the Premiere forum, and find the topic labelled " PPro 1.5 BUG - 24p Normal Handled Incorrectly" and let Adobe know you are waiting for the fix, and expect it to be free.
 
Back
Top