Possible new Premierre 2 release soon?

Derrick_SA

Veteran
Hi there all,

I just spoke with Adobe Inc. at the 800-833-6687 number (yes I phoned all the way from south africa which indicates by desperate attempt to get to an answer).

According to them they are releasing the next generation software of audition, etc... on Septemer 8.

Can anyone confirm this to be true or false as I am ready to purchase but would obviously wait 3 weeks for that?

Thanks,
Derrick
 
theres been unverified confimation of a new PPRO version coming out soon as well. I havent spoken with the horse yet, but if you called the horse and talked with them.. why would you need more confirmation than that?
 
Haven't heard anything on the rumor mill as of yet, but I am going to see what I can learn. Did they give you any information on new capabilities. Did you ask what the costs would be to you if you purchased 1.5.1 now and then upgraded? I would think that they would make an allowance for this sort of situation if a new version is eminent, if you need to program now and can't wait 3 weeks for the new release it might be a good option.
 
I come from South Africa. Here I have learned that you can't always trust what a sales representive or customer care consultant says! :-)

- Derrick
 
Usually what Adobe does is give you a free upgrade if you purchase within a 30 day windows of the new release.

I phoned in regard to using a hardware controller with Audition (in context of the video collections bundle) and the lady told me that the new release will have all this and more, again nothing is confirmed other than that see told me that they will go public between the 1st and 7th of September and release on the 8th ?

MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE CAN TRY AND PHONE TO CONFIRM ? I'm gonna go nuts not knowing if it's fact or fiction!

- Derrick
 
it's a bit interresting, because the new Flash Mx is going to be realised in the middle of Septembre, but this information is published now, and not 2 days before the realise.
 
To me it doesn't make sense that Adobe would not gone public yet, that is why I would like to get the rumour either confirmed or dismissed factually.

CAN ANY ONE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY HA HA !!!

- Derrick
 
..yeah, adobe is taking over macromedia.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/adobeandmacromedia.html

so thats likely whey we have the same apx release date on all the stuffs. they havent officially aquired them yet but perhaps they are gearing up for it by synching their product release schedules. adobe likes to do everything at once. .. who knows.. thats my best guess.

derrick, what # did you call, i will call them and see if i can get some informative juice out of the rock that is adobe.
 
Even if 2.0 came out tomorrow, do you want to be in that much of a rush to be the "guinea pig" ?

Buy the current version now and wait for 2.0.1 . Let others sort the issues that inevitably arise with any new release.

As others say - Adobe usually do upgrade paths anyway.
 
Shooter said:
Even if 2.0 came out tomorrow, do you want to be in that much of a rush to be the "guinea pig" ?


sure .. why not.. chances are it will work fine. and if not well have acess to any patch as they are released the same as anyone else would.. and since well be upgrading sooner or later.. better sooner IMHO.
 
I guess that I have done so many patches and upgrades for my Premiere versions over the years, that I am just gun shy and a bit wary.

I have used Premiere since the very first version and there has always been "issues" with vers X.0's so now I hold back on my natural compulsive excitement , read the forums for a couple of months....then dive in head first.

Loss of productivity & down time is my greatest fear.
 
Adobe works on 18-month product cycles. The release new versions of their software usually every 18-months. I found this out when I bought my Illustrator and Photoshop CS upgrades and CS2 came out a week later. Adobe gave me the upgrade to CS2 for free, but I had to pay shipping.

Anyone know the date PP1.5 came out? I think it was September 2004. If that's the case, we may have to wait until March 2006 for 2.0...

Justin
www.beyondtimemedia.com
 
...they do work on 18 mo product cycles, but that doesnt stop them from doing a patch or update inbetween. just like they added support for HDV in a patch they could do it for DVCPRO HD and improoved 24p or anything else. and with the newfound aquisition of macromedia.. and now a couple of reports of the new lineup coming out this sept.. it seems they may have switched thier product cycle to better suit the changing times and be more competitive. at least thats what im hoping. what we need is someone to ask them again at the next upcoming convention/show. because adobe has tight lips when it comes to officially announcig anything prior to release.
 
I really hope Adobe is gonna release there new software in September. I think it is possible, since te new VEGAS came out now, Adobe might be scared of losing market share to sony don't you think? and maybe release a little sooner.

Does 1.5 stand as a major release, or is one the official start of the 18 month cycle?

When is the next convention or media expo in the states?

Thanks,
Derrick
 
jchenier said:
Anyone know the date PP1.5 came out? I think it was September 2004.
I registered my version at Adobe's site august 9 2004. PPro 1.5 was released about 1-2 months before i bought it.

/Roger
 
Back
Top