Please post EIA resolution chart

pertierr

Well-known member
I'm aware of that. However, if it's not too much trouble for somebody with an HVX to do it, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would prefer to look at a full-size resolution chart frame and make observations themselves. I for one would really appreciate it.

I'm not sure how the format on DV.com will be, but most magazine articles tend to just quote the author's assessment and not post the full quality frames. It has nothing to do with the quality of the assessment, I just like to look at the results myself.

Thanks in advance.
 
An EIA1956 is the wrong chart to use though, as it's a 4x3 chart. Posted results should come from a ChromaDuMonde or some other proper 16x9 chart.
 
It's not optimal, but if framed properly it will still yield accurate results. Plus, anybody can print out an EIA chart, the chances of one of the few HVX users on here having a ChromaDuMonde chart are much slimmer. :)

But yeah, if anybody has an 16x9 chart and an HVX by all means shoot that instead.
 
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/ISO_12233-reschart.pdf

Printed 2 today on a 44 inch plotter...looks great as a poster
plot.JPG

Not the best but over specs I need
pic via a cannon still
 
Another good chart. At this point i'd be happy with either one, the only results i've seen are the ones by Kaku and it would be nice to have some more actual data, and see if it confirms his results, or take us in another direction.

The Westin chart is very thorough, although it is harder than the EIA1956 to print on a consumer printer. Since it is 16:9, the important vertical trumpets are smaller on standard 8.5x11 paper. On the same printer, the vertical line trumpets on the EIA1956 chart will show up correctly to higher TVL counts than on the Westin chart.

Given that TVL measurement is based on picture height, it makes no difference which of the two charts you use as long as the chart is framed at the top and bottom margins. This is without taking into consideration variations in definition along the image plane.

Cheers,
Juan
 
Wow! Salatar, your chart looks great! I'm seeing at least 1200 x 1200 resolution!

The HVX rocks, man!









:grin:
 
Uh, guys, that looks like the stock 18-55 crappy plastic lens - I know it's CA well and it's edge blurriness. Yo salitar - get some real "L" glass. My 20d will smoke a f900 in rez and give a viper a run for its money in still quality when I put on my L glass.
 
Back
Top