Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Kirk Gillock

Rebel with a cause
Last week I was able to capture, no problem. Now PPro gives me this message, in capture mode, "Can't Activate Recorder. Try Resetting Camera."  I haven't done anything to the camera (that I know of), I haven't installed any other software, and I'm able to capture via Movie Maker, no problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
P.K.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

This happened to me when I loaded vegas trial on the same drive The only answer to it was to delete vegas. I'm running prem 6 cos the bank thinks I've had enough money for a while so I can't run pro. Prem 6 is always spot on with capture. maybe keep capturing with movie maker and port to prem pro till you resolve the issue. Doesn't help much I know...I just hate to see a bro in grief and not stop to offer something , even if it is gibberish as far as the problem is concerned ;D

I call it ...Spiderism
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

HAHA, thats too funny PK. I don't mean to laugh, its just I have the same dam problem. That's a very known problem in Premiere Pro. It has either something to do with your service pack. Then agian it can be a Premiere bug. You're running Premiere Pro 1.5 right?
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Hey spider...You still on dialup man? :'(
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

[quote author=mino link=board=Premier;num=1104473642;start=0#3 date=12/31/04 at 16:20:37]Hey spider...You still on dialup man? :'([/quote]

Yeah, I'm back! But my regualr phone line is jacked up!! I think someone is using my phone number.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Spider, yep I'm using 1.5 and SP2. But it was working fine last week. I would understand if I had installed SP2 and then BAM! PPro stopped capturing. Hmmmm But I did nothing wrong. Or did I?  It's like when your girlfriend looks at you, as if you did something wrong. You don't know what you did, but you know you should say "sorry."

Sorry PPro. I'm very very sorry.

When I have time I will reinstall PPro. Or get a new girlfriend, named Vegas!  ;D
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Its a bug then... of course I can be wrong. It's either Vegas or go back to Premiere Pro.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Not sure if you resolved this yet PK. Try changing the DV Device control in your capture settings. You may need to make a few changes/tests to get it to work.

Try Panasonic / Standard for starters. Not sure if this is the problem or what you use to capture - Just a hunch. :-/
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Fixed it! I uninstalled a new set of codecs (AC3, Divx, etc.) I remembered installing a few weeks ago. Once that was uninstalled I reinstalled Premiere and WALLA!

Thanks for the tips Mino, Spider, and Dakota!
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Ya, Divx is a great codec but can cause grief. Glad you are up and running. :)

I want "The Loner Two" by the weekend!
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

I have had the same problem for a while now. Am also using 1.5 and SP2, have not been able to capture for a while and am very frustrated.

I have tried Scenealyzer (crappy capture), Sorrenson Squeeze (didn't recognize camera) and Vegas (didn't recognize).

I read about uninstalling my codecs, but I don't see any in my add/remove programs listing. Is there some other way to check if I have codecs installed on my computer.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Control Panel --> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> click on the Hardware tab and double click on Audio Codecs (or video codecs) then go to the properties tab to see them all.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Hey Spider...how could his original problem be a PP bug as you suggested.

If it was a bug ...none of us would have been able to capture.

Too often people respond with "its a bug in the software" and it usually turns out to be anything but.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

[quote author=Shooter link=board=Premier;num=1104473642;start=0#12 date=01/20/05 at 17:49:26]Hey Spider...how could his original problem be a PP bug as you suggested.

If it was a bug ...none of us would have been able to capture.

Too often people respond with "its a bug in the software"  and it usually turns out to be anything but.[/quote]

When I can't find a solution, I automatically consider it to be a bug even when sometimes its not. I say everything is a bug when I get frustrated.  ;D   Older versions of premiere has been know to have lots of bugs though.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

I think Vegas causes a problem with pre-installed versions of PPro. Try uninstalling it.
 
Re: Please Help. Can't capture in PPro.

Thanks kappa22, I appreciate it, unfortunately the problem continues.

I disabled (i.e., 'do not use this codec') all codecs in 'Sound and Audio Device' properties, then I reinstalled 1.5 -- Still, "can't activate recorder . . . "

I don't know what to do at this point. I couldn't find anything that said "directshow" or "divx," does this mean these codecs are not on my computer?

Thanks.
 
Back
Top