Photoshop ?

If I am working on some text to use in a video project should I be using a transparent background or could I use a black background.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

It depends on your NLE. If you import the PSD file into Premiere, After effects (ok not a NLE) or Vegas you can use a transparent background and it will be recognized.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

Transparent is the best option. If you make it black, that means you have to go and key it out. Transparent of course requires no addtional keying.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

One of your options is to save your .mov out of quicktime pro as an image sequence (individual frames) and then tweak them in Photoshop or perform a batch process on them, etc.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

Okay back to the transparent question. I pulled up a transparent backgrouund then made my fonts white. However when I add some sort of effect I can barely see what I am doing. Now if the background was black or another color I could see. How do I work with a transparent background and still be able to see what I am doing?
 
Re: Photoshop ?

Create a new layer and make it black. Work with your font to what ever desire look you want. When your finished, delete the black layer.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

Thanks Spider I will have to try that...

Actually someone at work told me to just use a white background then save the work in a Alpha channel then export as a pict. file. Does that sound right?
 
Re: Photoshop ?

[quote author=DVX100Shooter link=board=gensoft;num=1104877905;start=0#7 date=01/06/05 at 18:59:44]
Actually someone at work told me to just use a white background then save the work in a Alpha channel then export as a pict. file. Does that sound right?[/quote]

Yeah, but I believe you would still have to key it out in Premiere. Making it transparent requires no keying.
 
Re: Photoshop ?

If you export a PNG file in photoshop, the transparency will be presevered. I know you can import PNGs into flash and the transparency will remain.
 
Back
Top