RightMindProductions
New member
Hello, my apologies if this topic has already been covered before in a different thread but I did a couple of searches and didn't find anything similiar.
I am planning to shoot a documentary-style TV pilot (similar to the PBS series Globe Trekker) in September in Barcelona and Paris. It will be a fairly simple and inconspicuous ENG setup... we're talking about something along the lines of 1 DVX-100a, a shoulder brace for the camera, 1 tripod, 1 sun-gun mounted on the camera, boom & microphone and a crew of three people plus 2 talent.
The premise of the show is to document the backpacking experience so we would basically be following the 2 "cast members" around as they explore the cities, travel the trains, dine in restaurants, etc. It would be, again, shot in a documentary style so there would be no elaborate lighting set-ups or the need to block roads, redirect pedestrian traffic or anything like that.
I am wondering what the cities of Barcelona and Paris are like when it comes to videotaping in public areas (streets, parks, etc.). What is the liklihood of us being asked to stop shooting by a police officer? I have sent emails to the French and Spanish film commissions about obtaining shooting permits but neither have responded. Obviously if we shoot in a restaurant, bar or other private establishment we would seek permission directly from the owner, so this question pertains mainly to the city streets and other public places.
Has anyone shot ENG-style in either of these cities before? I'd love to hear about your experiences or any advice you have to offer.
Thanks!
Erik
I am planning to shoot a documentary-style TV pilot (similar to the PBS series Globe Trekker) in September in Barcelona and Paris. It will be a fairly simple and inconspicuous ENG setup... we're talking about something along the lines of 1 DVX-100a, a shoulder brace for the camera, 1 tripod, 1 sun-gun mounted on the camera, boom & microphone and a crew of three people plus 2 talent.
The premise of the show is to document the backpacking experience so we would basically be following the 2 "cast members" around as they explore the cities, travel the trains, dine in restaurants, etc. It would be, again, shot in a documentary style so there would be no elaborate lighting set-ups or the need to block roads, redirect pedestrian traffic or anything like that.
I am wondering what the cities of Barcelona and Paris are like when it comes to videotaping in public areas (streets, parks, etc.). What is the liklihood of us being asked to stop shooting by a police officer? I have sent emails to the French and Spanish film commissions about obtaining shooting permits but neither have responded. Obviously if we shoot in a restaurant, bar or other private establishment we would seek permission directly from the owner, so this question pertains mainly to the city streets and other public places.
Has anyone shot ENG-style in either of these cities before? I'd love to hear about your experiences or any advice you have to offer.
Thanks!
Erik