Panasonic AF100 & Original BMCC

TC 3000

Active member
Has anyone worked with the Panasonic AF100 and the Blackmagic Cinema 25k at the same time? or do you think these cameras would work together for A nd B cam?
 
lol, absolutely not. The BMCC is a very special camera, some say Blackmagic's best.


Now I say that dramatically and I mean it, but of course you can do anything you'd like and mix them (mix anything) and dumb down the BMCC or just let it be and some people won't even notice.
 
lol, absolutely not. The BMCC is a very special camera, some say Blackmagic's best.


Now I say that dramatically and I mean it, but of course you can do anything you'd like and mix them (mix anything) and dumb down the BMCC or just let it be and some people won't even notice.

That is good looking footage, that isnt the 4K??...

I was just looking for an opinion, I had already shot with the panasonic but was looking for a second camera for b cam but the Blackmagic is my only option. I did not want to put any effort to make something dumb down either, thats why I asked lol
 
It's the 2.5K...the video was actually posted in January 2013 way before the BMPC 4K was even announced in 2014. Plus, AJ's work was really popular back then on the BM official forum. We were all blown away (mind you this is 2013 after most of us were coming from Canon DSLRs).
 
I recall reading about some Russian (or Belorussian) TV show and it was made on the original BMD Cinema Camera. It fit the budget of the program, whereas anything Made in Germany did not. And the sampled down 2K was perfect for the local TV too.
 
it seems the op has an Af100 and consideres it 'good enough'

adding the bm 2.5k is certainly 'good enough' if the af100 is 'good enough'

it is indeed true that the 2.5k might be a little too good and need some sort of post degredation to make it match.

IMO the 2.5 was very good if a little limited on dynamic range . Back in the day i considered it better than my pmwF3
 
Back
Top