P2 Work directory on C:\

alpi69

Veteran
My c:\ is exploding. P2 Work is a directory that Edius uses and it is in my MyFiles.
Can´t I change that directory to my Videodisks? How?
 
My P2 Select is umm.. different, but there should be a Work Folder selection, either in the Settings or the Menu somewhere.
 
When you open P2 Select, isn't there a "Select..." button to the right of the path shown as the work directory? Try clicking on the system menu for "P2 Select" and open the About box to see what version you have -- with Edius V4.24 (the current version), the P2 Select version should be V4.20.001.

Whenever I start a new Edius P2 project and import clips, I always set the Work directory to be the same as the directory where the Edius project is created. That way P2 Select will create the CONTENTS and related folders underneath the directory where the Edius project file is kept.
 
Just wanna understand this right: so you guys practicly always copy/duplicate the files (or are you just importing the folders from the P2?)...?

That would drive me crazy, i just select the directory to the right folder, never copy them again...i know it can be done different, but where is the effort..?
Thanks..!
 
The way I do it always involves copying the P2 data in one of two ways:

1. If I don't have more than two cards worth of material, I just connect the camera directly using a USB connection, and let P2 Select copy the files to my RAID1 array for editing. Once I had reviewed the clips, I reformat the cards in the camera.

2. If it was a longer shoot, I will have offloaded the cards to my laptop using P2 Genie. In that case I map a network drive to the laptop, and let P2 Select copy the files off the laptop. Once I have reviewed the clips, I delete the folders from the laptop.

Obviously if the computer you edit on is the same one you capture with, it doesn't make alot of sense to make copies, and you would just import the files into the bin.
 
Ok,
now i get it..i was just wondering as i always see the different ways to import and have never tryed it another way then the one i needed...thanks for the clarification Thoff...you have also been right on my computer, thats how i do it mostly...!



THoff said:
The way I do it always involves copying the P2 data in one of two ways:

1. If I don't have more than two cards worth of material, I just connect the camera directly using a USB connection, and let P2 Select copy the files to my RAID1 array for editing. Once I had reviewed the clips, I reformat the cards in the camera.

2. If it was a longer shoot, I will have offloaded the cards to my laptop using P2 Genie. In that case I map a network drive to the laptop, and let P2 Select copy the files off the laptop. Once I have reviewed the clips, I delete the folders from the laptop.

Obviously if the computer you edit on is the same one you capture with, it doesn't make alot of sense to make copies, and you would just import the files into the bin.
 
bhiga said:
My P2 Select is umm.. different, but there should be a Work Folder selection, either in the Settings or the Menu somewhere.

Yeah, well it was there. I thought it would be in the Projectsettings somewhere.

I used the merge and copy, because I had several clips that spanned over cards and I wasn´t sure If it would help. Usually I don´t import by copying but copy the P2 content in Explorer to a backup disk first anyway.
 
Back
Top