P & S Panoramas

Larry Rutledge

Fest Master
I used my Panasonic DMC-FS15 point & shoot pocket camera yesterday to capture the panorama below. Considering I wasn't really trying to get a panorama, and was only marginally hoping any of the shots would come out since I took them as quick as I could without any planning, I was rather impressed with the final image.

So I thought I'd share it and thought it would be fun to see other's panorama's captured with their walkabout P&S cameras

cloud_panorama_1024.jpg



(I know the image is a little large, but I figured being a pano it would be worth scrolling to see it)
 
Looks very cool Larry. Great as is pretty much, but I'm wondering if you could bring up the brightness a bit on the grass? Especially the lower left?

Larry, not R :)
 
Thanks, glad you guys like it. I've been getting a lot of great compliments on it, even from a Professor of Art at Stanford who happened to see it and was liked it a lot (was a fluke he saw it, was on my friend's computer desktop as he walked by. He stopped and commented on the nice photo :thumbsup: )

Larry (the "not R" one :) ) ... the larger version is lighter down in that corner, at least light enough to not try and lighten more. When I sized it down and with the inclusion of the fancy border I placed on it here, it seems to appear darker.
 
Ive been playing with Pano's in PS as well...it's fairly easy using automate. I dont have any samples but will be sure to post when i do...Now that we have sprung forward ill be able to get on my lunch break right as the sun will be setting on the bay...sure to get some good stuff. does anyone have any idea how to make a horizon even on ps?
 
I did this one a few years ago. Panasonic Lumix P&S. Each image is 5 pictures tall and three exposures each (HDR). Here is a five picture series, made up of 75 separate images. I had it printed to about three feet high by five feet wide and it came out looking great.

HowSmallWeAre.jpg
 
I did this one a few years ago. Panasonic Lumix P&S. Each image is 5 pictures tall and three exposures each (HDR). Here is a five picture series, made up of 75 separate images. I had it printed to about three feet high by five feet wide and it came out looking great.

HowSmallWeAre.jpg

Love the series. Nice concept and execution!
 
Back
Top