Overseas Travel insurances for video equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Guest

Guest
I am preparing the logistics for a documentary in Ukraine and Russia. I will be there for about 2 months and will be bringing about 15K worth of equipment. Does anyone have any experience with travel insurance policies for video equipment form the US? Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Julio.
 
Re: Overseas Travel insurances for video equipment

You need something called a Inland-Marine policy--I might have the name wrong. It is totally separate from your "regular" domestic policy.

My insurance covers US and Canada. We are considering a shooting in Majorca, Spain, but the fact that we'd have to get a whole separate policy to do it--or go without--is a big negative.
 
Re: Overseas Travel insurances for video equipment

[quote author=Pookiehead link=board=Nonfilm;num=1084568033;start=0#1 date=07/07/04 at 01:28:08]You need something called a Inland-Marine policy--I might have the name wrong.  It is totally separate from your "regular" domestic policy.

My insurance covers US and Canada.  We are considering a shooting in Majorca, Spain, but the fact that we'd have to get a whole separate policy to do it--or go without--is a big negative.
[/quote]

Most insurance companies will provide this as a rider to another policy (few will flat out give it to you unless you are a policy holder already). It is a common form of business insurance, but you might not find this service at the corner Allstate, only in their business unit.

Also, if you loose equipment overseas, documentations is extremely important. Insurance companies are very suspiscious about equipment lost with no police report or file claim.
 
Re: Overseas Travel insurances for video equipment

I went to safeware.com and it only had information for computer coverage. Do they offer coverage for cameras?
 
Re: Overseas Travel insurances for video equipment

I emailed safeware and they told me they only cover computers and its accessories. No video cameras.
 
Back
Top