No love on the Edius Forums

Watermoore

Member
I just got HDspark and I love it but still I have a problem. When I import m2t files I can edit with them adjust them whatever with no problems at all. I run into huge problems when i try to convert the m2t files into the CanopusHQ AVI. I get about 50% through when Edius thanks me with a Blue screen of death. I have also tried with some HD Juicebacks (.mov) and it gets all the way to about 97% or 98% when vista informs me that edius has made and error and crashes out to the desktop.
What makes it further strange is that I can complete the conversion in After Effects. I can successfully convert files over to CanopusHQ in After effects no problems what so ever.

the little response I got from the forums was that it must be a hardware conflict so I did a memory test and everything was fine. I ran heavy load on my PC for over 45 minutes with no problems. I also replicated the problem in edius with a cpu temp monitor to see if it was CPU overload. Core runs around 100F - 104F during conversion.

my stats
Asus P5Q-LE, Intel Core2 Quad Q9400, 8Gb DDR2 1066, Vista Home Premium 64-bit, Geforce 8800 GTS. 1 Acer 22 inch (X223w), 1 Acer 19 inch (AL1916w), HDmonitor 23inch Hannspree (HF237) EDIUS 5.01 with HDspark.
 
Last edited:
My comment will not be of any consolation but over the years when I have encountered an apparent bug in software that no one else has reported, and the program has been out for a while, the problem has been with my particular configuration and other programs that are causing the problem. If it is software conflicts, you would also expect to find someone else reporting an issue.

I do not have HDSpark but I am using Edius 5, latest version and having no problems with file conversion using AVCHD2HQ. I hope you find the solution soon. It might be worth reinstalling AVCHD2HQ to see if that helps.

Best wishes.
 
I want to rescind any sort of negative attribution I may have caused Edius. It turns out the BSOD was being brought on by a conflict Vista 64 has with Multi Core processors. I run a quad core and the way Edius utilizes the cores accentuates the vista problem. thankfully, and through the help of the Edius forum, my problem is now solved. There is a hotfix available on microsofts website.
 
I am glad for your part that you were able to sort out the problem, I would have not liked to say that the problem was Vista as this is most likely the problem in most case and the other problem child is QT. I have found a site (www.stevengotz.com) show away around XP's problem with 32bit and the 3gig ram problem. I am at present giving Vista a very very wide miss i awaiting the windows7 , so far a good friend of mine has been testing the beta ver it for a few months , and it is fast and very stable.
 
And it turns out i was only half right in addressing my problem. Since my last post I have had many reoccurances of BSOD's so further research outside of video orriented forums pointed me towards updating my BIOS. I doubted this to be the culprit as my motherboard was suppose to support my processor. I double checked on ASUS website and it turns out my CPU ( Q9400 ) doesnt fall under the "supported" category until verion 0701 my BIOS version was 0404 so an update last night and not a BSOD since. I am still hesistant to call it fixed.
 
And it turns out i was only half right in addressing my problem. Since my last post I have had many reoccurances of BSOD's so further research outside of video orriented forums pointed me towards updating my BIOS. I doubted this to be the culprit as my motherboard was suppose to support my processor. I double checked on ASUS website and it turns out my CPU ( Q9400 ) doesnt fall under the "supported" category until verion 0701 my BIOS version was 0404 so an update last night and not a BSOD since. I am still hesistant to call it fixed.


How about now?

=)
 
Back
Top