New SG35 'Real Spinning Ground Glass 35mm Adapter' Commercial version coming soon.

Hi,
It will be very soon. Once I can confirm with you guys that the SG35 works perfecly with the DVX100, i'll post footage and can start taking orders.

Regards,
Wayne.
 
Wayne - I've been following these adaptor developments since the beginning. What happened to Agus? Hey, is that your kitchen? Nice looking place!
 
Hi DDH, thanks for your interest.

Agus still lives. I talk to him on msn on a daily bases. In fact, I just sent him a free GG+mechanism to say thank you, since he was the guy that started this off like 2 years ago.

Yes thats my kitchen, thanks.

Regards,
Wayne.
 
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but . . . what is the approximate light loss using the adapter in f-stops?
 
Well, The Sg35's Ground Glass and optics looses about half a stop of light. So add this to whatever SLR lens you will be using.
 
So, say you have a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-D lens on your SG35 adapter . . . that's a 1/2-stop loss from the SG35 alone--what do you lose through the 50mm at f/1.4 in addition to that? What would the total light loss be?
 
With that SLR lens, you could expect around 2 stops light loss, which is standard with all 35mm adapters.

Regards,
Wayne.
 
This does look very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing some DVX footage. I have a couple of old Nikon lenses (28, 35, 50, 35-70, 200-400) that I could use with it.

One question, though : how much noise does that thing generate ? Can one hope to record live dialogue while using it ?
 
Hi Monglane,
Due to the high quality ground glass element, the glass can be set to spin extremely slow with the speed control dial, yet still get no GG artifacts. The speed can be turned up when closing down the apperture or raising the shutter speed. Therefore, the unit can be used to record live dialogue, even with the camcorders built in microphone.

Regards,
Wayne.
 
Thanks Wayne. When you test-shoot with the DVX, please take lots of pictures of the setup, and kindly upload some uncompressed footage as well if you can (both 50i and 25p) so we can play around with it in our NLEs. I have some Web space available if you need it.

Cheers.
 
Monglane,
Thats no problem, but will probably have to take you up on your offer of the webspace if uncompressed is the name of the game. Do you mean uncompressed, or DV compressed?

Thanks, Wayne.
 
Back
Top