So I noticed today that Rode have released a few new items
TX-XLR - XLR plugpack for their new wireless. This thing looks huge. According to their video, it also has a 3.5mm input so you can use it like a lav bodypack, although its very unweldy in size and shape. It can also be powered from sony L series batteries (np-f batteries). This is compatible with their current lav system
videomic Me - Iphone / smartphone cardioid mic.
Videomicro - same capsule as videomic Me, but with a rycote lyre mount. Designed to mount on a cold shoe on camera.
they also released a couple of other bits and pieces, like a carbon fibre boom pole, a mini carbon fibre boom pole (micro boompole pro), and their take on an XLR adapter for smartphones.
I'm kind of interested in the videomicro for use on my DSLR for when I'm out and about, mainly on holidays. The Videomic Me would be interesting, but I'm yet to get stuff like the Smartlav to work well on my android phone (galaxy S4). no matter what I've tried, audio sounds crappy, even worse than the internal mic.
TX-XLR - XLR plugpack for their new wireless. This thing looks huge. According to their video, it also has a 3.5mm input so you can use it like a lav bodypack, although its very unweldy in size and shape. It can also be powered from sony L series batteries (np-f batteries). This is compatible with their current lav system
videomic Me - Iphone / smartphone cardioid mic.
Videomicro - same capsule as videomic Me, but with a rycote lyre mount. Designed to mount on a cold shoe on camera.
they also released a couple of other bits and pieces, like a carbon fibre boom pole, a mini carbon fibre boom pole (micro boompole pro), and their take on an XLR adapter for smartphones.
I'm kind of interested in the videomicro for use on my DSLR for when I'm out and about, mainly on holidays. The Videomic Me would be interesting, but I'm yet to get stuff like the Smartlav to work well on my android phone (galaxy S4). no matter what I've tried, audio sounds crappy, even worse than the internal mic.