I have chance to buy my friend 100 that he bought last march for 2000 shoul I wait and buy the newer 100a I read all about the changes to the new camera but I dont know if I should buy the 100 and wish I had waited and bought the 100a It`s a very hard choice Help!
Is the extra money worth it to you?
Is your friend's camera in top knotch condition?
How badly do you need the extra features?
I have an original 100 and love it. Obviously I'd take the 100a if I were buying today and they were the same price, but I don't know how much better it would be.
I'd say that you'd get a better image with the original 100 and buy yourself an anamorphic lens with the extra cash, but it's a question really of what you want to do with your money...
i would buy the 100 in an instant. save 1500$? hell yeah. i bought my dvx100 for 2200, and i bought an at897 and filters with the extra cash i had saved over. (i didnt have enough for the 100a in the first place)
I'd pick up a 100 for a second camera, but depending on what you plan on shooting I' held out and saved the extra cash for the 100a. But like I said if there was a great deal on the 100 I'd get that as a backup .
There's not $1500 of difference between the 100 and 100A. If the 100 is in perfect condition and low head usage (less than 30 hours), I'd say, go for the 100. Easy.