New 13" MacBook

capturing to macbook works just fine.

I just packed up my macbook pro.. Apple today deemed it defective. I will look forward to what they say when they get it.
 
Hey can I put a 500gb drive in one of these things? I just got a 400gb drive through OWC and it's working like a charm. I use it for nothing but storage. I'm thinking I can partition my drive and have 100gb for system software and the programs ect, and 400gb left for storage for either the HVX or an HDV camera.

-Nate
 
Nathyn said:
Hey can I put a 500gb drive in one of these things? I just got a 400gb drive through OWC and it's working like a charm. I use it for nothing but storage. I'm thinking I can partition my drive and have 100gb for system software and the programs ect, and 400gb left for storage for either the HVX or an HDV camera.

-Nate

Surely you bought a 3.5" drive which will NOT fit in a laptop.. As far as I know the biggest laptop (2.5") drive you can get is 160GB.. Around 200-$250

Joe
 
You can just make that 400gb drive an external. Go to NewEgg.com or something and buy an external casing for under $40 and just stick the drive in there. Instant external hard drive.

-Kegan
 
Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of external driving. I have to get one for my DVD burner.

-Nate
 
Recording straight to the hard drive would be something that could save me hours :)

I'm seriously considering the Macbook.... if it wasn't for the heat issues and white discolouration...I would have already bought one...Macbook Pro anyone?
 
Hi All,

I have tried capturing to the macbook 13" from the HVX here in Pal land. Since 720p is not an option in FCP I am forced to use 1080i capture (but I set the camera to 1080p) Capture seems to work fine, but pay back freezes at times. So I have ordered 1 gig or ram and a 100GB SATA 7200rpm drive. will get it all this week and test again.....

Adam
www.levinspictures.com
 
Hi Adam wouldn't it be better to insert 2 sticks of 1GB's!

I would really like to know how you get on.
I have been holding out for a number of months now. Waiting for the Merom Macbook pro.
First l thought about the macbookpro then came the macbook which is a little more compact and easier to carry around. And like you in PAL land, we only get to capture 1080p/25 and 1080i/50.

Kind regards
THE HONEST LIAR
 
Last edited:
Intel Macs, iPods Boost Apple Profit 48 Percent

Strong sales of Intel-powered Macintosh computers and iPods helped Apple Computer report third-quarter net income of $472 million and earnings per share of 54 cents on revenue of $4.37 billion.
Officials of the Cupertino, Calif., company said that with revenue up 48 percent from a year ago in 2005, Apple was able to report the second-best quarterly results in its history.


http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1991677,00.asp
 
So was there a final verdict, is it ok, to use the macbook 13" to captur from HVX? Are there any limitation vs. the macbook pro?
 
Hi guys

Sorry for the delay, have been a bit busy.

Yes I have had no problems with capturing and paying back all file types from the HVX to my Macbook 13 inch after the upgrade!

I think the Hard drive was the the main psroblem but with the 7200rpm it really flies. Of course 2 gigs of ram age better but I asure you 1 gig works fine for 1080i and 720p carpture and playback. do not expect multiple timelines of playback, but really solid with capture and basic viewing/editing.

Hope this helps,

Adam
 
Back
Top