Need laptop advice for editing 1080 raw + some 4K ASAP

peter917

Active member
Would love to know which of these 2 options would be better for 1080P RAW VIDEO EDITING and possible 4k video editing. I am upgrading from a Asus Zenbook Pro UX501.

Eluktronics P650RP6 Premium VR Ready Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
6GB GDDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card
15.6” Full HD IPS
512GB Performance SSD
1TB HDD
32GB DDR4 RAM

$1299

----------

HP ZBook 15 Studio G3 Mobile Workstation
an Intel i7-6820HQ 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor,
32GB DDR4 RAM,
256GB PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive,
NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 4GB Graphics

$1269
 
The Quadro is a little older, but it is on a card and can be upgraded. The processor on the Zbook is also a little faster. I think the Zbook uses an M2 size drive, can be a little pricey to upgrade and I certainly wouldn't use my boot drive to store video so it would depend on the ports on each for media storage.
 
I probably would go with the HP, don't know anything about the other brand. The Quadro cards also seem to be better supported for our types of software, the GTX cards aren't always fully utilized. Is there any way to test this out before you buy or is there a return policy that you can use if it won't do what you need?
 
Back
Top