Hi there,
We are starting to plan a local music festival in the east of England and is seeking some advice on a couple of factors.
Overview
A Weeks worth of music entertainment, a different genre each night. We Plan to have a multi-camera setup, that part, we do on a regular basis (no problems), but this time, we want to broadcast live via the internet,it should be HD (720p) and record the output to go straight to DVD or Blu-Ray. We plan to do no editing, but this might change. Hopefully it will happen in about July/August Next year
I am going to have to organize everything from the ground up so here are a few questions all about cameras.
Question One - How Many Cameras?
P.S - 3 Free tickets for anyone that helps and it would help if you could look at my main post on this, http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=1838136 , thanks.
We are starting to plan a local music festival in the east of England and is seeking some advice on a couple of factors.
Overview
A Weeks worth of music entertainment, a different genre each night. We Plan to have a multi-camera setup, that part, we do on a regular basis (no problems), but this time, we want to broadcast live via the internet,it should be HD (720p) and record the output to go straight to DVD or Blu-Ray. We plan to do no editing, but this might change. Hopefully it will happen in about July/August Next year
I am going to have to organize everything from the ground up so here are a few questions all about cameras.
Question One - How Many Cameras?
I was thinking of around about 6
Question Two - What interface?
I was thinking of using 3G-SDI, and then connecting them to a live vision mixer
Question Three - What vision mixer!
We currently use a software vision mixer and it work very well but it can only accept 4 inputs and we were using firewire. I can get a quote from the company that made it for us and buy an sdi capture card. I would also have to build a more powerful rig. In the long run, a software mixer would be cheaper as a large event like this would only happen maybe once a year and so we could use this machine for other uses such as editing, where with a hardware mixer, its only good for, well, mixing.
Question Four - What cameras?
I know this is probably a bit early but yesterdays technology is the poor mans heaven.
rogar-BigGrin(DBG)
I've been reading up on the HMC151, and it looks like an excellent choice, and i could build a shoulder brace for it. Any other recommendations?
Question Five - How to communicate with the camera ops?I've been reading up on the HMC151, and it looks like an excellent choice, and i could build a shoulder brace for it. Any other recommendations?
I was thinking of running two XLR cables to the cameras, one will be from the director/producer/etc and on from the camera op. This would require a separate mixer, i know you can get special talkback units, would these work out cheaper and can you suggestanything
Thanks in advancedP.S - 3 Free tickets for anyone that helps and it would help if you could look at my main post on this, http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=1838136 , thanks.