JBurkey
Active member
...and I'm exhausted, terrified, and having a blast. It's a documentary about the local fire department. Last night I ran camera at a training exercise with the Fire Academy; we ran up and down the ladders with the cadets, followed them into burning buildings, etc. etc.... so exciting. A lot of hard work though. Even with a steady stick, my back was about done after a full day of shooting. But it feels good
I am still learning the camera and getting night shots in poor light was a challenge. I really had no idea how to handle the changing low light situations so I basically dialed the master pedestal way up. On retrospect, I could've used detail coring as well. These are all the things that I'm learning as I go. It's exciting, bewildering, and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now.
It's a trip to be introduced to subjects/associates as "This is Jerry, he's the director" or "He's a filmmaker." I never thought either of these terms would apply to me. A camera, a boom, a badge, a small crew, bam. Instant respect. Funny that I have almost no idea what I'm doing!
This board has helped me so much (and continues to) with all aspects of filmmaking and video. What an amazing resource to have Barry, Jared, Matt, and all the other experts on here for us to peruse. Thanks all. Keep it up, filmmaker brothers and sisters! I'm grateful for all of you.
Jerry
I am still learning the camera and getting night shots in poor light was a challenge. I really had no idea how to handle the changing low light situations so I basically dialed the master pedestal way up. On retrospect, I could've used detail coring as well. These are all the things that I'm learning as I go. It's exciting, bewildering, and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now.
It's a trip to be introduced to subjects/associates as "This is Jerry, he's the director" or "He's a filmmaker." I never thought either of these terms would apply to me. A camera, a boom, a badge, a small crew, bam. Instant respect. Funny that I have almost no idea what I'm doing!
This board has helped me so much (and continues to) with all aspects of filmmaking and video. What an amazing resource to have Barry, Jared, Matt, and all the other experts on here for us to peruse. Thanks all. Keep it up, filmmaker brothers and sisters! I'm grateful for all of you.
Jerry