My First GH13 Video

Psynema

Well-known member
BirchTree Catering

ALSO DEBUT'ing

The Tascam DR-07 - The zoom h4n is better, but the Tascam can be had for $99 - PEANUTS. I do wish I had a better mic on the lav though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swig-Professional-Bartending/104338419605348?ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=433275054580

Also Vimeo, but I want to pimp my Facebook fanpage LOL.



It was VERY VERY DARK in here, so I'm surprised I got usable footage from the Olympus 14-54mm 2.8-3.5 lens. Had it cranked to 1600 1/30th of a second and using the ISO hack trick as well at times. Some FNP but had to put Lyric Shadow Highlight (which is A MUST FOR FCP) and Bloom filters on a lot of stuff to boost the fill light.

And using photos is an underrated art - I wish it were moving video, but a small flash unit can light those appetizers fully and I can zoom in and have a Macro image on video using photos - everyone knows this, but in this venue it really came in handy considering I was handheld and in a VERY DARK room to get their food exposed properly
 
GREAT work! Especially based on the lowlight...VERY NICE!

Had it cranked to 1600 1/30th of a second and using the ISO hack trick as well at times. Some FNP but had to put Lyric Shadow Highlight (which is A MUST FOR FCP) and Bloom filters on a lot of stuff to boost the fill light.

Could you give us more info on this? This is the BEST I've EVER seen GH13 footy at 1600ISO! Please share more details! :) Thanks in advance from us all!
 
This looks F'ing amazing! You really did a great job on this. I had to rewatch it a few times because I'm kinda blown away on the quality in low light.

I can't believe this is 1600 iso. My GH13 wouldn't look anything as close to that clarity.
 
This looks F'ing amazing! You really did a great job on this. I had to rewatch it a few times because I'm kinda blown away on the quality in low light.

I can't believe this is 1600 iso. My GH13 wouldn't look anything as close to that clarity.

Thanks, not all the shots were 1600 but was using that most of the night. There was enough light near SOME of the tables that I may have gone down to 8-1200, but stuff like Papertini table, the speaker for the raffle, the bar tending statiion, photographers table were 1600.
 
That held up really well at high ISO's.
Honestly I watched it without looking for FPN or banding or anything else, and I think the content and the editing pulled me in and held my attention. It flowed along very nicely. Great job!
EWS
 
Yeah, everyone get the Lyric Shadow / Highlight plugin for FCP. The Bloom filters also help act as fill light.

How'sit sound everyone?
 
Back
Top