My doc in the Hollywood Film Festival & more

AshG

Veteran
Been a crazy week for me. My doc (www.strongenoughtobreak.com) which got a lot of buzz at the end of the year last year, was accepted into the main category in the Hollywood Film Festival. The film has screened at several colleges (the route the producers chose as opposed to festivals) and for that reason was rejected by the other 2 festivals it was submitted to (Sundance, Toronto). The HFF did not count those as anything but test screenings and are showing the film on the main screen at the Arclight Cinema on the last night, Oct. 22nd, at 7pm.
Last year they only accepted 3 docs into the main festival.

As I have posted before, the doc has been added to the music curriculum at several big universities including NYU and USC. For this reason, I was just asked to speak at "The Film & History Conference" in Dallas on 11/11. The best part is that the speakers after me are DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus.



ash =o)
 
Congratulations, that is a great festival to premiere in. Good luck with the screening. If you're looking for another excellent festival experience in CA, give Cinequest a try. Our doc premiered there last year, and they treated us great.
 
Congrats, AshG!! That's great news. Wish I was in LA, but I'll be ready here in Chicago once you get distributed (fingers crossed wishing good luck)!
 
Congratulations and good luck! I just came back from the IFP Filmmakers Conference and several filmmakers talked about their experiences being on the festival circuit. It's great to hear about that kind of success and helps to get you out of bed in the morning...
 
Not sure why the trailer is down, you can still watch the first 8 minutes on ifilm though. I decided not to do the "circuit" on this film, because of the subject I have built in distribution. I instead submitted it to a handful of high profile festivals. I found out that not only is the film in but that is actually up for best doc of the year...



ash =o)
 
That's great news Ash! Congratulations on the distribution and Film and History Conference.

I'm in the Dallas area, but it looks like registration has already closed. I would have been interested in attending. I'm a documentary filmmaker as well.

Good Luck,

Bill
 
you sure have something good on your hands, the trailer looks great. i always wondered what happened to hanson, they came out and hit it big, then disappeared, then came back again, then disapeared... sure looks like they have matured quite a bit though... hope you the best of luck, and when you have a screening in la, drop me a line, ill bring some fellow documentarians from my class too...

jeff
 
Back
Top