Music Video Credits

Are music video credits (the chyron on the lower left) out of style? Watching on Youtube it seems like the large majority of music videos no longer have credits?

Would a DP/cinematographer traditionally be listed on these credits?
 
I haven't seen that credit format in many years!

But I think those types of credits would usually have the artist, song title and the record/label company. Maybe a production company sometimes, but not sure.

If it's a music video for a big artist, you would probably have to edit it in a certain way, but if it's an independent/personal production where you can make the decisions, I don't think there is a right or wrong unless the artist doesn't like it. Lots of variety and styles out there today.
 
That format is for tv basically. With videos just going straight to the internet, no one cares anymore. So yeah, definitely outta style.
 
Back
Top