music rights for documentary

cgrosso74

Active member
I am currently in production on a documentary that involves some pretty big names in the music industry. I have already interviewed a number of artists from both Europe and America. All artists have signed releases allowing use of the interview but I need some direction for using their music/video performance footage in this documentary.

All of the artists have been very positive about the project and I have mentioned the use of music and verbally they are ok with it. I know I need someting written. Does anyone have experience in music documentaries and can shed some light?

The doc is part historical part artists talking of who influenced them.
 
I am on my second music doc and can give you some real help. You can email me and let me know the artists and I will let you know how possible it will be. You should know that a verbal OK is meaningless because most artists do not exclusively own their publishing. Shoot me an email...


ash =o) AshG@ashVID.com
 
Back
Top