More bang for my buck?

Zero

New member
Alright, I am not sure if this is the right place for this but oh well. I have a maximum of $800 to spend on a new camera. What would give me the most value for my money? I was considering the panasonic GS 300,400, or 500. Any suggestions?
 
Is that $800 for the Camera only? Are you planning to get a tripod? Camera bag? Also, what application are you using it in?
 
King_Dontae said:
Is that $800 for the Camera only? Are you planning to get a tripod? Camera bag? Also, what application are you using it in?

Yea, the 500 is $800. I am planning on getting a tripod, yes. But that is about it. I am using Adobe Premier Pro for editing.
 
Having researched this myself recently, the advantages of the GS500 over the three hundred include bigger CCD's (and native 16:9 ones, although that could actually be a disadvantage if you prefer 4:3 ;) ) and more manual controls (including an actual manual focus ring). Is that worth the extra $225-300? That's what I'm trying to decide for myself...

I don't think the GS400 is still available, but from what I've heard it was pretty similar to the GS500 if not somewhat nicer.
 
Back
Top