robotjustin
Member
Hey Ya'll.
New to the boards, and a bit confused about the 24p editing standard.
I'm running FCP HD, and have bartered for a DVX-100a for a few months. I am shooting with the assumption that the doc I'm shooting will be blown up to film.
So -
Their is a lot of archival footage I would like to use, all of it shot digitally over the last few years. How do you mix and match 24p and standard 29.97 in FCP? Do I need to go through cinema tools to telecine the 29.97 stuff, or is there an easier way?
I also assume that there will be a respectable on-line of the project, so I'm not too concerned about the archival stuff looking different than the 24p (and I'm shooting mostly interviews and associated b-roll) with the 24p, as well as some Errol Morris-y set-ups.
How do ya mix and match?
Thanks to one and to all.
New to the boards, and a bit confused about the 24p editing standard.
I'm running FCP HD, and have bartered for a DVX-100a for a few months. I am shooting with the assumption that the doc I'm shooting will be blown up to film.
So -
Their is a lot of archival footage I would like to use, all of it shot digitally over the last few years. How do you mix and match 24p and standard 29.97 in FCP? Do I need to go through cinema tools to telecine the 29.97 stuff, or is there an easier way?
I also assume that there will be a respectable on-line of the project, so I'm not too concerned about the archival stuff looking different than the 24p (and I'm shooting mostly interviews and associated b-roll) with the 24p, as well as some Errol Morris-y set-ups.
How do ya mix and match?
Thanks to one and to all.