.Mixer levels low, camera levels great?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Guest

Guest
Hello,
I'm sure I have heard a solution to this, but I can't remember. I'm using a Behringer Eurorack 1204 Pro mixer connected to the DVX by the XLR connection. The camera shows great levels, however, the mixer's main mix is very low. I have played a tape back and it sounds great. I would like to use the mixer levels to monitor the levels. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave
 
Re: .Mixer levels low, camera levels great?

You probably already checked, but have you tried the low cut button and turned the gain dial appropriately? And did you try cranking your volume slider/dial to 10db?
 
Re: .Mixer levels low, camera levels great?

Don't you always want to monitor sound at the recording point (in this case on camera)? Just asking...
 
Re: .Mixer levels low, camera levels great?

if your looping the audio through the xlr's and monitoring out through the headphones, it will be low as the headphone outs are underpowered.

In the productions that I have worked on I give the mixer cart a BNC feed so he can view the display levels at his cart.
 
Re: .Mixer levels low, camera levels great?

You are all correct! Thanks,
Dave
 
Back
Top