mini35mm adaptor pointless for HVX?

kgg

Active member
Is there any advantage to using a mini35 adaptor for an HVX? Someone told me a Panasonic rep said on higher definition formats it would dumb down the resolution and is better suited for a DVX.
 
Kgg,
I shoot mostly tv commercials and something I hear all the time from A.D. when disccusing shooting film versus HD for their spot is that they don't like the overly crisp edgy look of HD versus film. My solution is shooting with the m2, you get the DOF wich is the biggest difference in the look and it softens things ever so slightly and that completes the look. It in no way dumbs down the resolution as someone told you. You really do have to try it for yourself but my hvx/m2 combo is going to make me a lot of money.
Aloha
-A
 
My Mini35 kit for the HVX arrived yesterday. It looks really good with Zeiss Superspeeds. I couldnt see any obvious compromises.

Best
John
 
CCamera - where are you located? If in NY is there any was I could see your mini 35 adaptor? Or even consider renting it since I have production insurance?
 
ccamera said:
My Mini35 kit for the HVX arrived yesterday. It looks really good with Zeiss Superspeeds. I couldnt see any obvious compromises.

Hi John, any chances to see some footage? I'm interested too in mini35+hvx200, hope you can post some of your footage.
How P+S Technick works with Hvx200? Impressions?
Thanks
 
Last edited:
Back
Top