Max. clip length importable?.

Brad_Thames

Active member
Does anyone know what the maximum length is to be imported as a single continuous clip? In other words, can I import a two-hour tape straight in as a single clip, or will I have to cut it up and reassemble on a timeline?

Thanks
 
Re: Max. clip length importable?.

I am not sure, but I would say that for the computers sake cut the thing up.
 
Re: Max. clip length importable?.

I like to break up my stuff into 10-15 minute chunks if I can afford it. Usually there is a scene change or something, but I don't want to have to worry about re-capturing an hour vs. 10 minutes.
 
Re: Max. clip length importable?.

..you shouldnt be using anything longer than a 60 min tape in the dvx to begin with, but it will do the full 60 min without a problem. i dont think there really is a max length, unless you are limited by hard drive space
 
Back
Top