Captain Pierce
Veteran
Not sure if this is the place for this, but it seemed the best given that there's no dedicated subforum for administrative issues...
With regards to the Marketplace, is it about time for (at the very least) a sticky about 700MHz band wireless systems? Or (probably better but harder to do) a policy prohibiting listing these without mentioning that they will, in all likelihood, very shortly be illegal to use in the US?
I know at least one long-time DVXUser member has recently been burned on a 700MHz purchase (although I don't know that it was through here); and there is currently one of these systems floating near the top of the MarketPlace:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=160177
(And just for the record, I'm not trying to say that the guy posting that thread is doing anything wrong, it just happened to be the thread that got me thinking about this again and finally--with under a month to go until the transition unless the House has another vote*--to post about it...)
*The Senate voted yesterday to delay the transition until June, but the House today defeated it. President Obama wants the delay, so we'll see how it goes, but... even if it does get delayed, I would think that somebody paying $350 (to use the asking price in that thread as an example) would want to realize that they're paying $80 a month for that rig... or more like $80 a week if it doesn't get delayed...
With regards to the Marketplace, is it about time for (at the very least) a sticky about 700MHz band wireless systems? Or (probably better but harder to do) a policy prohibiting listing these without mentioning that they will, in all likelihood, very shortly be illegal to use in the US?
I know at least one long-time DVXUser member has recently been burned on a 700MHz purchase (although I don't know that it was through here); and there is currently one of these systems floating near the top of the MarketPlace:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=160177
(And just for the record, I'm not trying to say that the guy posting that thread is doing anything wrong, it just happened to be the thread that got me thinking about this again and finally--with under a month to go until the transition unless the House has another vote*--to post about it...)
*The Senate voted yesterday to delay the transition until June, but the House today defeated it. President Obama wants the delay, so we'll see how it goes, but... even if it does get delayed, I would think that somebody paying $350 (to use the asking price in that thread as an example) would want to realize that they're paying $80 a month for that rig... or more like $80 a week if it doesn't get delayed...