Making Romance Realistic

One thing I have found is that it is heavily dependent on your actors to sell the "romance." Could you work with them to create/write the scene? If it is a small shoot, things don't have to be set in stone.
 
Grab your fav rom-com scripts online (drews-script-o-rama/screentalk.biz), read them. Study them. Learn from them. Repeat until your work blooms and grows.

EJ
 
With any story ... scripts not excluded the characters need motivation to behave a certain way. Think carefully about who your characters are why are they doing what they are, how would your character talk.... NOT YOU. When you write dialogue inside your own head you use your own voice and tend to overthink every aspect. I do exactly that.... so I try to be my character, how would they act? Combine this with facial expression and body language. Even to the point of acting some parts out to myself to get a better feel of how my character would do it. A couple of months ago I got some great advice from someone who well in my opinion knows what they are talking about. He said take the dialogue you have and add emotion emotion emotion. You say having trouble writing romantic scenes..... what kind of sotry do these scenes fall within?
 
Back
Top