MacOS Sierra

Anyone tried Adobe CC with MacOS Sierra?

CC 2015 Has major instability issues under the current release of Sierra. DON'T INSTALL IT UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPLETE BACKUP THAT YOU CAN RESTORE EASILY.

I just spent circa 12hrs 'reconstructing' my OS from a complete re-format, having 'taken the plunge' and been unable to use PPro for more than about 30seconds before crashing. :-(

Hmmmm,

jason
 
Ouch. :angry:
My camera dealer sent out a notice in their newsletter a couple weeks back about "issues" with several applications. (They listed CS6 as no longer working at all). I'm not using CC any longer but have still held off until I'm fairly certain I won't have to restore a back up. Frankly, there was nothing in the OS that made me want to jump right quick.
 
But will it run FCP7? Shut up. YOU'RE obsolete.

Ha! :violent5:

For our world, there are some Photoshop issues:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-mac-os-sierra.html

Also, the 2015.3 release of After Effects seems to lag a bit more than recently. But I'm not using AE much this month, so I just went "grrr" and shifted back to my transcripts and spreadsheets (a different kind of "grrr"). So that's barely anecdotal. But that's where I'm at.

Bummer to hear about your experience Jason. Let us know if you make any progress...
 
It is buggy on the Windows side as well. The CC has way more bugs than the CS version had. Adobe should drop the price to $9.99 per month for everything not just one program. As of now we pay more with CC service and get a worse product the CS version. I could post video links to the bug I found on the Windows side but I won't : )
 
I have the nMP and updated to Sierria about 3 weeks ago. Premiere Pro / Audition / After Effects CC 2015.4 very rarely crash and works about the same speed.
However my second 4K monitor needs to be turned off/on for it to be recognized and used by the OS. This was never an issue with El-Capitan.

In looking at the current Premiere Pro issues (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/known-issues-premiere-pro-cc-2017.html)
and comparing that to the new features, I am no rush to update to CC 2017. The After Effects re-sizing issue stops me for now.
 
Back
Top