mac pro now or later?

Iv been saving for a mac pro for quite some time now and i just got an opportunity to sell my imac for 1k which would bring me up to enough to get a good set up. What i am wondering is if I should sell it and go with the mac pro or continue waiting for the new mac pros which could be anytime as far as im concerned. Does anyone know when they should be expected or if they are worth the wait.
 
Buy a computer when you need it. A new model comes out every 6 months or so, and you can never really predict the date. If you need one now, get it now. If you can wait until after MacWorld in mid-january, where one MIGHT be introduced, then wait.

But my rule of thumb is buy when you need.
 
I own and am running a mac pro quad 2.66 and i love it. Though one of my friends does have the 8 core and it is quite a difference. If I had time on my side and could wait. I would wail till the new 16 core dual 8's come out. That will be a wicked fast machine. Next year i will probably up grade mine to the dual 4's xeons. Mac pros are a great investment though.


Jon
 
Back
Top