Looking for way to raise/lower light from ceiling

firehawk

Veteran
I need to hang some lights from above but the trick is a large overhead door interferes, which requires them to be high. I need a way to hang the light up high so the door doesn't hit when door is raised. And then be able to pull the light down into place to light the wall when shooting. A pantograph would be ideal but I cannot find any that are short enough as I only have about 22" from the bar joist top to the travel path of the garage door. So hanging a light from a pantograph won't go high enough to clear the door path.
Any ideas?
The lights are about 30lbs each. and almost 19 inches tall w/ yoke.
Aputure Nova P600C
 
Are you hanging the lights from horizontal tube? If so In the UK - we buy hardware from a well known firm called Doughty Engineering http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk...owprod_MODULAR

They make all kinds of supports - capable of your load. The most useful being the ones that are a piece of tube, with a clamp on the end. You use these to drop down from above, then add another to go out horizontally.
I'm sure there will be a US company selling similar stuff.

This is the simple boom arm http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_T57311
 
Last edited:
Back
Top