local commercial alternative

smithgallTV

Active member
I see a lot of posts about doing local commercials and it seems that it is a tough business to compete with the cable comapany. Howver I have an idea that is similar but wont be done by the cable co. make the promotional video and DVD. I used to own a few retail stores and the nature of business allowed us to beneift from having a booth at the local home and patio show. This was a 2x a year gig that lasted 4 days with 30k people coming through. I always had a video running that was simply a compiled tape of our commercials. This way if i was talking with some one another attendee could watch the commercial to get an idea of what we did. however those commercials werent as informational as I would like for what I was using them for. Had i known how to produce videos like i do now I woudl have made a 5-15 minute infomercial and put that on a loop to run instead of 3-4 commercials. It wouldnt be that much harder to produce a infomercial for them than it would be for a comercial and the local cable will not go down that road.

thsi wont appeal to every business but it will to some. A pizza place may not care but a local home inspector may. he can show how thorough he is while you follow him around. Also because DVD are realatively cheap to produce the local home inspector coudl have you make him 50 or so and them as handouts for his prospects. just a thought. id like toget your feedback. im looking for gapong holes in this so ican either address them or move to a different idea.
 
Thats not a bad idea, I know that every year there is a home show up here and its kinda the same deal, just on a lower scale because, well.....we're alaska.
 
I think with dropping costs of producing DV, there is a huge market in small business marketing videos. Especially for the business that would use 500-1000 a year, it is almost a no-brainer.
 
yeah that could be your niche.

by the way i went to fairbanks in 2003 i liked it. of course it was may and as a floridian the slightly cold whether and 11:30 sunset was charming. i have a feeling that january woudldnt have been as appealing. My friend lived there for a few years an loved it.
 
Back
Top