Letus35 and GS150 Grabs

MojoTrancer

Well-known member
My first ever thread... I feel so warm and fuzzy...

Anyway. Here's some quick grabs from some tests I did recently with my Letus35 and Panasonic GS150. I must say I'm pretty pleased with the quality. Right now I have to beg, borrow, or steal a DVX when I need to use one. So that's what I'm saving up for. But in a pinch, this combo is working out pretty well.

I am posting the Original Version and then two color corrected versions. Sorry about the shadow on the tree trunk shot. I was in a rush when I shot it.

So here goes:

Autumn Tree - Original

Autumn Tree Original_01.jpg


Autumn Tree Original_02.jpg


Autumn Tree - "Satchmo" CC

Autumn Tree Satchmo_01.jpg


Autumn Tree Satchmo_02.jpg


Autumn Tree - "Black Forest" CC

Autumn Tree Black Forest_01.jpg


Autumn Tree Black Forest_02.jpg


Anyone? Bueller...
 
These shots look amazing! Thank you, MojoTrancer! Now I have to save up 300dollars..:) What lens do you use? Do you have a step-up ring from 37 to 52mm? Can i trust these letus people?
 
KeiserSniTT said:
These shots look amazing! Thank you, MojoTrancer! Now I have to save up 300dollars..:) What lens do you use? Do you have a step-up ring from 37 to 52mm? Can i trust these letus people?

Quyen Le is a good guy. And his service is outstanding. He won't disappoint you.

The lens was a HELIOS-44-2 58mm. It's a m42 mount lense so I bought a m42-Nikon mount adapter. I used a 37mm to 52mm step-up ring to connect the camera to the Letus35. Some of those old m42 lenses are a great quality for the money.

Shaw said:
Looks pretty good for a little camera =D I really like the color grading on the second group.

Yeah it's not so bad. At least till I can afford a DVX.

Here's the color correction details for the second group if you want to know:

First Layer:
Blending Mode - Normal

Second Layer:
Blending Mode - Multiply
Magic Bullet Settings:
Warm/Cool = 75%
Post Gamma = -50%
Post Contrast = 25%
Post Saturation = -25%

And that's it!
 
man that looks really good. How does everyone get such sharp pictures?? :/ I never can seem to get that
 
KeiserSniTT said:
Do you think you could post a clip, MojoTrancer?

Yeah, give me a couple of days and I will come up with something. The tree footage isn't too interesting, so I'll do another test. :)
 
KeiserSniTT said:
Have you forgotten about me?

Sorry, dude. I was sick all last week. Didn't do much except sit around, cough and gag, and feel sorry for myself.

I'll get on it this week. Stay tuned...
 
Hehe.. don't worry, man. It's just that i'm this close to buying that adapter, and i want to see some footage first. to see if its worth the money.
 
hello... two weeks have gone.. are you or are you not going to put up this clip? i've been holding back my order waiting for you, so if you're not going to put this clip up i'd like to know so i can get on with ordering this..
 
reflex said:
man that looks really good. How does everyone get such sharp pictures?? :/ I never can seem to get that

They are half their size. Do that with your images, they will be much sharper...

Nice grabs and CC, though!
 
taubkin said:
They are half their size. Do that with your images, they will be much sharper...

Nice grabs and CC, though!

Taubin has a point. Smaller makes it look sharper. Not why I did it that size, though. I just wasn't sure how large a picture to post here :happy:

KeiserSniTT said:
hello... two weeks have gone.. are you or are you not going to put up this clip? i've been holding back my order waiting for you, so if you're not going to put this clip up i'd like to know so i can get on with ordering this..

Sorry for the delays, Keiser. Didn't realize you were waiting on little 'ole me.

I'm still trying to do a better test. Hopefully this coming week. Just been swamped with work (I work in IT regretably) so I haven't had a chance to do much with the video stuff.

But at the very least, I will post the autumn tree footage so you guys can get a better idea. What would be a satisfactory video size for you to gauge it Keiser?
 
Here's a link to the original clip. Straight from the tape. No color grading. I didn't even flip it. It's full size (300mb), so be warned.

Letus35 footage

I was trying to shoot something more interesting to show, but I haven't had the chance yet. So this is the usual "shoot a plant/desk/bottle and focus in and out" footage. Sorry.
 
Back
Top