Lens mount adapters....

Shooter

Veteran
Does any one know where the lens mount adapters can be purchased from for this camera?

Particularly PL adapters.
 
I would stay away from cheap Ebay adapters.

As the release gets closer most dealers will have adapters available.

We know NOVOFLEX adapters are good and other name brands as well. You do get what you pay for.

And it is not worth it saving $100.00 on something that may cause bad video or broken lenses. When you are spending thousands on the camera and the lenses.
 
This is what I plan on using on my af100.

http://gallery.me.com/jakegardner/100006/MFT_PL adapter/web.jpg?ver=12906448150001

It’s the Hot Rod Pl mount. Got it from Abel Cine.
Hotrodcameras.com. I was told by hot rod that info about the specific AF100 adpater will be out on friday. Its essentially the same adapter as the one for the Lumix but includes additional camera mount support. I must say that the craftsmanship and quality on my adapter is SUPERB. It was expensive but worth it.
 
Last edited:
Hot Rod is a fantastic company. If you can't afford to buy it, they rent them all over California, and from a few places in NYC. $75 a day or something like that, a little discount with a sob story and additional lens rental.... there's a German company that makes one too, a friend of mine who worked with it swore it was better than the Hot Rod, but I don't see how it could be, he's just biased towards all things German.... Illya Friedman (Hot Rod designer) is an incredibly helpful guy, and besides, that green adapter is just so good looking.
 
I've been running adaptors from Bower for a few years, they're well made and the threads are lasting, they use good brass.

Note the Voigtlanders are out of stock at BnH.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:
The Hot Rod PL to MFT adapter is notable because of the iris rod support built-in. The AF100 lens mount has play in it, so additional support at the adapter is important, particularly when using a heavy PL-mount lens and/or follow focus.
 
The Hot Rod PL to MFT adapter is notable because of the iris rod support built-in. The AF100 lens mount has play in it, so additional support at the adapter is important, particularly when using a heavy PL-mount lens and/or follow focus.

So you've obviously got the chance to play around with one then. So.....heavy play? more details please. Thats surprising because the adapter fits incredibly/perfectly snug on my Gh1. I guess I was expecting the same tight fit on the AF100.
 
It's not the adapter's fit, it's the AF100's native mount. SLR lenses have too much play, ditto PL-mount Cine lenses. Hot Rod Cameras added the iris rod support to minimize this and of course reduce any stress on the camera's mount.
 
Hot Rod's original PL adapter (for the GH1) has a tripod support hole in it, but their new one is, I believe, made with a support base specifically for the AF100. And yes, you have to have support; my Ciecio7 adapter has a little support shoe that doesn't quite line up with the base of the camera, but if it did, that'd be ideal because you could use a longer tripod plate and get support all in one. As it is, I use a rails-mounted support under the PL shoe.

Regardless of how you go, I definitely recommend having support under the mount. And if you're using a monster zoom lens like the Red 18-85 or the Cooke 18-100, you should have support under the lens too.
 
The AF100 Pana demo team pointed out the support rod they had rigged under the giant 20 grand Cooke lens .. at FOX here last week.

Took us all a while to settle down and go near it.

Cheers.
 
MTF has a good reputation for Nikon to EX3 adapters, it is a quality product.

I would definitely trust it.
 
Back
Top