Leica m9

  • Thread starter Thread starter steadicamsteel
  • Start date Start date
S

steadicamsteel

Guest
Just been to the Leica Store in London's Mayfair and had a chance to play with the M9.

If you're in the market for a 35mm Full Frame Stills Camera you need to get your name down on the order list as this camera is the dogs dangleys. Better than your High End DSLR's, honestly.

I was somewhat skeptical about the M9 being such a small form factor but once you've had a play with one, guaranteed, you won't want to hand it back and you'll walk out of the store several $$$$$$ lighter.

Anyhoo, I'm off to sell my set of ZF Lenses and pretty much every other photographic bit of gear I have to get one of these babies.
 
Better than your High End DSLR's, honestly.

It's a different kind of camera made for different applications. If I did landscape or social documentary photography and wanted to shoot digital, I might consider this camera for the detail you get with it and how quite and low profile it is (although nothing beats the color of the 5D for landscape photography except film).

For events, sports, wildlife...pretty much anything with action, an SLR is better for the telephoto lenses that are available, the High ISO capabilities and the full autofocus (You have to focus by hand with the M9.)

For the studio only work, I would go with medium format for the dynamic range.
 
Back
Top