LCD for 35mm adapter

mccutch

Member
First off, am I correct that I need to flip the image vertically AND horizontally when using a 35mm adapter?

Secondly, does anyone have a favorite monitor that can do that? I found a number of 7 inch lcds that do a mirror mode (horizontal reverse) that I could mount upside down, but they are of low resolution (I prefer 800x480). Also, I'd love to have a full size monitor that I could mount off camera that could flip the image too.

THanks
 
I've been looking at the Xenarc 700yv. The resolution is good (would have to look it up again). No flip, so you'd have to mount it upside down -- when you mount a monitor upside down, you don't need to horizontally flip it again. I had been looking at the Ikan V7000, which is about the same price ($340-$350) and does both X&Y flip, but Rush at EVS says they've had issues of failure in the field and doesn't recommend them. Also, Nebtek is coming out with a new LCD that flips and can be had with a Panny battery adapter; it does 16:9, too. It's supposed to be out before the end of the month, but they didn't give me a price on it.

Fox
 
Not that easy Dan, you have to also be able to do a 180 degree turn left to right (mirror). So a "Flip" is upside down and around, not just upside down. The Varizoom VZTFT7U does that, and we tested it inhouse.
 
If you are shooting with a 35mm adapter you can either...

1 - mount and TFT/Monitor upsidedown
2 - have a TFT that can flip BOTH horizontal and vertical

I would just get and isreali arm or gooseneck and get a higher quality TFT and mount it upside down.

WORD. :shocked:
 
I think we shouldn't use the word 'flip' as it causes confusion. The 35mm adapter simply produces an image that is ROTATED 180 degrees (same as flipped horizontally and vertically). So, rotating any LCD monitor 180 degrees (mounting it upsidedown) will give you a properly orientated image.
 
Rush said:
Not that easy Dan...
Read my post again, please. I was NOT talking about "flip" and/or mirror electronic functions. I was talking about looking at a monitor that has been mounted up side down. (been doing that for some time ...)
 
Thanks everyone. The terminology IS confusing, We've been using 2 words, "horizontal and vertical" for 3 axis, x,y, and z.

I finally held my hand up behind my lens and pointed it at some text. Sure enough, it was backwards, but as I understand it, since we look at that image on the GG from behind, it will be frontwards again (just upside down), as you all have been telling me....

With this knowledge, I think, I too, am going for that Zenarc 700YV. I look forward to seeing how their AISS intelligent scaling performs with the HVX200.
 
Back
Top