Latin_Victory@World_Cup

D_and_G said:
I think I was probably drunk when the World Cup was on 4 years ago Emanuel ;).
My apologizes... it's already fixed:

Emanuel said:
Another penalty again six years later... well, will it be enough?... :(

D_and_G, maybe can you understand that ugly headbutting from Figo two matches before... Did you follow that France vs. Portugal match six years ago?...
It was in the Euro Cup 2000. At semi-final, Portugal lost against France. Portugal was 3rd sixteen years after the 3rd place@Euro Cup 1984 (against France@semi-final again).

I'm sorry but, as it's possible to confer the Euro Cup is a sort of World Cup since the 4 semi-finals@2006 were all european teams. Unfortunately, only one wasn't a former world champion and from a small (despite brave) country with 10 million people... And besides its 9 centuries of history, its name is Portugal.
 
Last edited:
D_and_G said:
Anyway, Portugal did have a talented team, and you guys showed a lot of hard work and passion. Like you said, for such a small nation you should be really proud (I was just kidding with you). Getting to the semi's out of such a big field is great.

Have a great one, mate :beer:

Cheers
:dankk2: for your kind words.

:beer: Cheers to you 2!
 
lol

I can read three times the same word in the same post...

I followed that penalty in the 2000 France-Portugal match... It's true when England or Germany are out but France is there, it's difficult to any referee to say no to the bosses!
 
3rd or 4th (next Saturday, we will see...) @World_Cup_2006

2nd@Euro_Cup_2004

EDIT --

And if we will go two years back@Euro_Cup_2000, we also have a 3rd place after pushing out with another penalty against France during the extra time.

D_and_G said:
Anyway, Portugal did have a talented team, and you guys showed a lot of hard work and passion. Like you said, for such a small nation you should be really proud (I was just kidding with you). Getting to the semi's out of such a big field is great.
Of course, I'm proud for this achievement but this it tastes... again.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I remember that portuguese defense player. Xavier? Even the tv director knew who was he. This time, he was there but as spectator. But not Thierry Henry nor Zizou or the penalties pro France.
 
Emanuel said:
3rd or 4th (next Saturday, we will see...) @World_Cup_2006

2nd@Euro_Cup_2004

EDIT --

And if we will go two years back@Euro_Cup_2000, we also have a 3rd place after pushing out with another penalty against France during the extra time.

Of course, I'm proud for this achievement but this it tastes... again.
Really impressive: 2000, 2004, 2006... IMO this defeat is more a victory than anything else... In this World Cup, after beating Mexico, Netherlands and England, Portugal was between the big ones. Is there another one? Nope. I agree, filmmaker.

Editing: France... bah! It's not the same as before. See the world cup of 1998 and... hazard, it's so simple than that. This time they almost were out from the last 16. But it happened in 2002. With Zizoo.
 
Last edited:
filmmaker1977 said:
thierry henry is a good actor.. period
Yep... I've seen the replay and it's particularly true. On the contrary, there was another case implying a penalty against France and the referee forgot it or didn't want to see.
 
As I said before, 2nd european team (last European Cup) and 4th place (World Cup Germany 2006) now, it makes me proud of my small but brave people/motherland. Congrats Portugal!
 
I'm happy too... That's my second home. Actually, also my work homeland. So, my second reason of pride.

Bravo Italia! Grande!

E anche per tutti amici italiani, tanti auguri!
 
i can't edit my previous post.. so excusez-moi the next post.. amis françaises.. mais it isn't toujours that we are champions of the most important worldwide sport competition..

edit

i'm sorry my american friends but about baseball or NBA or even that strange american sport called american football (!!), the world is not only america..

"your" soccer is the most important worldwide sport competition and the others are peanuts.. :cheesy:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top