Large Premiere Pro Project Hanging on startup

Every summer I work on weekly camp videos. The project file get's quite large and towards the end of the summer it starts feeling sluggish, especially when importing new clips.

That being said, I get through it and archive the project.

Now I want to load the project from a few years ago. It begins loading the project, locates media and then it just hangs before it opens the timeline. I tried importing the project into an existing project and that doesn't seem to help either.

Can anyone provide any other suggestions of things to try to get this project to load? The project file is around 60MB, which isn't crazy big but big enough I guess.
 
I figured out a workaround for now. Essentially moving the project file so that it can't find any of the assetts and then loading the file with the media offline. Then I can slowly link up batches of the files in the project until everything is properly loaded. A bit annoying but better than not opening at all.
 
Does it get to the point of locating assets/creating waveforms with the progress bar in the bottom right corner, or does it hang before then?
 
Back
Top