jpeg and tiff, why so dark?

Dizkoteck

Well-known member
Hello,

I read on American Photo about this, of how RAW files convert to TIFF are better and brighter than RAW files to JPEGs. So I got some family photos I wanna print out, but the nearest CVS only takes jpegs. So after converting mine to jpegs and tiffs, I noticed the tiff's shadows and midtones are a lot brighter than the jpegs. Is there a way to remedy this?
(I know I can go to some other place that takes TIFFs but just really curious about this)
thanks
 
Ok, I guess asking why its happening its too much. But how about how I cam keep the same image I am seeing on a TIFF to a JPEG.
 
That should never happen. Add to that the printers use different color profiles all together and you get an end product that looks totally different from the original image.

I typically print through Adoramapix.com. They have custom color profiles you can load for their printing process, export to JPEG or 8 bit TIFF using their profiles, and upload to their website. If you have a properly calibrated monitor then you will be shocked at how close the print and image on your PC will look.
 
Back
Top