egproductions
Veteran
After not posting for quite a long time, I Just wanted to pop-in to say hi and re-introduce myself to those who don't know me.
My name is Elie, I'm a DP in the NJ/NYC area and have been doing it professionally for about 25 years. Over the years, the tech has evolved (XL2 owner), the clients have evolved, and my skills and style have evolved. Many things also stay the same.
Other than production I have also started a vintage cine lens rental company that is now transitioning into a consignment operation. I also started a specialty coffee roasting company (www.hilchoscoffee.com).
The biggest challenge I've faced in my career was figuring out work life balance once we started a family. It's still extremely difficult to juggle and often means sacrifice in one way or another but without hesitation I can say it's 100% worth it.
I wasn't the most active poster, however, DVXuser was my home(page) for many years. To this day, my fingers subconsciously type the website whenever I touch a keyboard.
I can't promise I'll become a regular again but I'll do my best to say hi every now and then. Thank you -Elie
My name is Elie, I'm a DP in the NJ/NYC area and have been doing it professionally for about 25 years. Over the years, the tech has evolved (XL2 owner), the clients have evolved, and my skills and style have evolved. Many things also stay the same.
Other than production I have also started a vintage cine lens rental company that is now transitioning into a consignment operation. I also started a specialty coffee roasting company (www.hilchoscoffee.com).
The biggest challenge I've faced in my career was figuring out work life balance once we started a family. It's still extremely difficult to juggle and often means sacrifice in one way or another but without hesitation I can say it's 100% worth it.
I wasn't the most active poster, however, DVXuser was my home(page) for many years. To this day, my fingers subconsciously type the website whenever I touch a keyboard.
I can't promise I'll become a regular again but I'll do my best to say hi every now and then. Thank you -Elie