Hello everyone,
I have been granted the special privilege of filming an upcoming documentary by a non profit organization. The initial outline created by me for the documentary won everyone over. I have been given a modest budget but enough to finally attain my own DV cam. As I am quite sure many of you did before you purchased your camera and maybe of few of you are doing before you actually purchase a camera is a ton of research.
Now that the dust has cleared and settled I think the DVX is the cam for me. However, the one knock that constantly comes up with the DVX is that it is not good for “run and gun” work. For the most part that is what this doc will be a lot of run and gun. This doc will be very personal as well so in most cases showing up with a crew, proper lighting etc etc may not be a possibility.
So considering these circumstances is the DVX the cam for me? I plan to use whatever DV cam I end up with for other things as well, but for now the documentary is my main priority.
I have been granted the special privilege of filming an upcoming documentary by a non profit organization. The initial outline created by me for the documentary won everyone over. I have been given a modest budget but enough to finally attain my own DV cam. As I am quite sure many of you did before you purchased your camera and maybe of few of you are doing before you actually purchase a camera is a ton of research.
Now that the dust has cleared and settled I think the DVX is the cam for me. However, the one knock that constantly comes up with the DVX is that it is not good for “run and gun” work. For the most part that is what this doc will be a lot of run and gun. This doc will be very personal as well so in most cases showing up with a crew, proper lighting etc etc may not be a possibility.
So considering these circumstances is the DVX the cam for me? I plan to use whatever DV cam I end up with for other things as well, but for now the documentary is my main priority.