iPhone SLR – New Footage

Osman Fliques

Bronze Member
Just got this. New footage of the iPhone with an Owle Bubo, EnCinema 35mm DOF Adapter, and Nikon lenses. You know what? I like the footage. It has a certain “60′s 8mm” look to it. Not bad at all.

I know some people out there will cry blasphemy; SLR lens are not meant to be mounted on iPhones. I say if it looks good – use it.

Take a look at the footage and judge for your self. More on my blog: http://www.osmanfliques.com/?p=246

Footage looks great, I accept and embrace technology. At the end of the day it's how you edit that's going to bring you work

peace

It has all 35mm adapter problems,vignetting,softness and hotspot,looks bad .Doe this phone even has 24p ? Whats the point ? You could dothat with any cellphone which records video but i dont see the point,its better to buy any 24p videocam and mount adapter on it.Its bizzarre.We all know that you can mount adapter and slr lens to ANY video recording device but i dont see the point here,

I had absolutely no idea this kind of thing was possible, but to be honest the footage looks great! Obviously it's a very niche look and I would never use it as my main camera, but I could definitely see some really good music videos being made with that. It's amazing what some people think of.

Cieloent - I'm with you. We should embrace technology. Certain tools are right for certain projects.

BWWD - A few from the top of my head. The footage is HD, convenience, edit on the fly, upload on the fly, stealth form factor etc etc. Now I don't think any feature film is gonna be shot on this, but for web uploads it should do fine. .

ighenderson - Your right, I'm just as amazed at what some people can do, but what's the saying "limitations breeds creativity"

Last edited:
Ok, I was able to get to it through you blog link.

For iPhone 4 footage, it looks great. Like you said, a very niche product though. I hope you girlfriend or wife wasn't trying to call you as you were making this... you'd have some 'splaining to do!

O'hara & Smith - Sorry, I don't know why it's not loading. I can never embed video's properly. Any one got tips I would appreciate it. I didn't shoot it. It was shot by Eddie at Vid-Atlantic.

1972 - I agree with you - it's great for side "fun" projects. I don't think for anything serious.

Shigeta - Not to my knowledge.

This is more like iphone +35mm adapter not iphone slr,might be confusing because some guys might think that you mounted the lens in ffront of phone and voilla.
You actually can mount SLR lens in front of the phone with camera but crop factor would be so ridiculous that its not even funny.
Of course its possible to mount SLR lens in front of any recording device like camera or video camcorder or cellphones or any other toys which records video ,why not ? Its just its not worthy here without 24p.
This should be in 35mm adapter section.

This is more like iphone +35mm adapter not iphone slr,might be confusing because some guys might think that you mounted the lens in ffront of phone and voilla.
You actually can mount SLR lens in front of the phone with camera but crop factor would be so ridiculous that its not even funny.
Of course its possible to mount SLR lens in front of any recording device like camera or video camcorder or cellphones or any other toys which records video ,why not ? Its just its not worthy here without 24p.
This should be in 35mm adapter section.

Why is it not worthy? Also who cares about 24p. If the footage looks good that's all that matters. You think the public sitting at home cares if it was shot in 24p or 60i? You need to seriously get out of that box you are in, because you will NEVER be creative in it.....

Why is it not worthy? Also who cares about 24p. If the footage looks good that's all that matters. You think the public sitting at home cares if it was shot in 24p or 60i? You need to seriously get out of that box you are in, because you will NEVER be creative in it.....

yea true you can always convert to 24p in post anyways, thats not a problem

right... who cares about 24p here:2vrolijk_08:
anybody?

You think the public sitting at home cares if it was shot in 24p or 60i?
I dont even want to start explaining anything if there is no difference between 24p and 60i for you.
:Drogar-BlackEye(DBG

Last edited:
It has all 35mm adapter problems,vignetting,softness and hotspot,looks bad .Doe this phone even has 24p ? Whats the point ? You could dothat with any cellphone which records video but i dont see the point,its better to buy any 24p videocam and mount adapter on it.Its bizzarre.We all know that you can mount adapter and slr lens to ANY video recording device but i dont see the point here,

No 24p only 30 but in some instances at least with the 3Gs the frame rate will drop to 15fps in low light.

Seems a bit akin to putting a $5000 stereo in a $1000 car. Yeah, everybody is going to stop and see what all the noise is about only to see a junker. I am not saying an IPhone is a junker. It is a perfectly good pocket camera but let's just leave it there.

I see a really good opportunity for someone to build an iphone app for this.

Although I don't see myself using this, I believe there is a market for it.

video looks great!

Back